Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm Home

I got in around 7:30 last night, eventhough it's cold and foggy I'm happy to be home.

I didn't have much time to update the blog while I was on the cruise because we were often only on one island for a couple hours if that, so we had to rush. The cruise wasn't very fun unfortunatly. The ship was really old and the staff were very useless, but I did have a good time with my friends.

The morning we got off the ship (Friday the 25th) I had breakfast scrambled eggs and taters tots. Well after we all got back to the hotel one of the girls was so sick she had to go to the hospital. I was feeling ok until about noon when I got the chills and was freezing cold. My body stared aching and I had a fever. My stomach was in knots too. I was vomiting and had bad diarreah(in case you wanted to know that) I was trying to rest at the hotel but I was in so much pain. I called home of course, and my mom told me that maybe I should go to the doctors to make sure you are alright. I was thinking of going anyways. So I caught a cab for 10euro. When I got there I went to security who does the registration if you want to call it that. She told me to go to the left and wait. I had number 65, they were on number 29. I waited and waited. This nice lady came up and brought me her number which was 46. So I went in when they called my number and I just sat there and watched. This is when I got freaked out. They dropped needles then picked them up and used them. They had this big box of cotton balls just sitting there. The docotors used the same gloves on different patients. I got freaked out. I went to the bathroom again and felt a litte better then I just left. I got back to the hotel then went to the store and picked up from sprite and crackers. I felt a lot better after that.

Yesterday morning I got on the metro line and headed for the airport. I was there super early, so I had lots of time to wander around. I got on my Lufthansa flight from Athens to Franfurt which was ok. Then I had to rush to the United flight from Frankfurt to San Francisco. They were boarding when I got there, but I still had plenty of time. The plane was super nice and the flight staff were nice too. We each had a little tv screen on the backs of the seats. I watched Letters from Iwo Jina, Freedom Writers, and part of Catch and Release( I fell asleep) I went through US customs then got my luggage and met my parents and came home.

I took about 2600 pictures and I will put them up on shutterfly or snapfish and send the link to you all so you can check that out if you want.

I had a great time and I also had fun updating my blog so I could still keep in contact with home. Good thing I kept this blog because I didnn't have much time to journal. Oh well, I will try and remember each day.

No comments: