Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's Raining, It's Storming...

I'm Tired!!!!

This trip is starting to wear me out. Last night I met up with Lizzy, Anythony, Twila and Sherren and went to dinner. Well I was eating sushi(I was craving and it was like 2 blocks for the hotel) and I saw them walk by so we chatted then I left and went with them to their dinner and just sat there. We all wanted to do the same things today except they also wanted to see the Acropolis but I saw it yesterday. So we all met at the breakfast room and planned our day today. First we caught the metro at the Sygmata station and went to the flea market for a couple hours. It was super busy and I also realized while I was there...I don't like flea markets but oh well it was fun. Then we all got some lunch then went back to the metro and came back to Sygmata where they went to the Acropolis and I went to the National Gardens. It was really neat in there I didn't feel like I was in the center of a huge city, but off somewhere quiet and tranquil. They had a mini zoo there with peacocks, chickens, roosters, cats all in the same cages...weird I know. There was also a pond with turtles. It is sooo cool to watch turtles swim(I've never seen them swim before) I just walked around and took a bunch of pictures then left. Thats when it started to downpour. It's really humid so the rain is warm and you are hot and sweaty too, it's hard to get used to. There wasn't much else to see. all the shops are closed on Sundays, it's like a ghost town here today.

For the past two nights I had my own room, but this morning I switched and am now rooming with someone else. I walked in there a little bit ago but she was sleeping so I didn't stay long, it was kinda akward. Tonight is our pre tour meeting thats where we meet the other tour mates and supposedly "get to know each other." At the Italy meeting I forgot everyones name that first night. We all had to ask each other the next day who everyone was again. It should be fun though, we'll see.

I'm looking forward for the next 5 days to be relaxing.

Hmmmm what to do. Oh there is a Starbucks that is close, a Toffee Nut Latte sounds good. I haven't had one for a long time. Maybe it's closed cause it's Sunday..hmmm I'll check it out.

No comments: